top of page
Waste Water Collection Department
The Mission of the Wastewater Collection Department is to provide safe, reliable sanitary sewer services for all City of Madisonville residential, commercial, industrial and regional wholesale customers; maintain the collection system infrastructure and facilities to extend service life and reliability; and provide services in a socially, ethically and environmentally responsible manner to protect the health, well-being, and quality of life of our customers.


About Waste Water Collection

The Wastewater Collection Department (WWC) is responsible for the maintenance, repairs, and upgrades of the existing sanitary sewer system within the right-of-ways and easements of Madisonville.  In addition, WWC is responsible for the enforcement of the City of Madisonville Code of Ordinances, Chapter 52, and all other City, County, State, and Federal Regulations regarding sewer.


The first 2,000 gallons (our minimum rate*) is $15.50. Every additional 1,000 gallons used is $7.75. 
*If billing is for a partial month and consumption is minimum the bill will be prorated. This would be for the first and final bill for customers.

  • Can I use the seller's license until I get my own?
    No. KRS 243.530 prohibits the transfer of license from one seller to another.
  • Does my application have to be complete before it's turned in?
    Yes. Please see KRS 243.370 and KRS 243.390 for more information.
  • How long does it take to get a license?
    Approximately 30-50 days if everything runs smoothly. Further information can be found at KRS 243.360.
  • How much does a license cost?
    Cost varies depending on the type of license.
  • What type of license do I need?
    This depends on the type of business that you intend to operate. KRS 243.030 and KRS 243.040
  • Do I need to furnish my own background check?
    Effective January 19, 2019, no criminal history check is required to obtain an ABC license. However, on the state issued forms, there are questions that require truthful answers in regards to your background. Once these questions are answered, you must sign an affidavit to ensure the complete honesty behind your answers.
  • Do I need to furnish my lease?
    Yes, unless the exact entity to hold the ABC license is the owner of the real estate where the business is located.
  • What are the requirements for obtaining a license?
    *You must be at least 21 years of age to apply. *Individuals, partners, officers, directors or managers may not apply if, within the past five years, they have been convicted of any felony or within the past two years have been convicted of any alcohol or controlled substance misdemeanor. KRS 243.100

Facts & Faqs

Did you know?

There are approximately 160 miles of sewer mains, 60 miles of pressure mains, 50 sewage pumping stations, 3000 manholes, and 10,000 customers within Madisonville and the WWC transports all the sewage from Hanson and Earlington to the West Side Sewage Treatment Plant.

Dustin Kittinger.webp


Dustin Kittinger


Phone: (270) 821-3717
Fax: (270) 824-2136


Monday - Friday from 6:00 to 3:30


*After hours call the Central Dispatch at (270) 821-1720

604 McCoy Avenue

bottom of page